Accidents, attorneys, and doctors: Things to know about
Accidents: The one thing that no one wants to happen to them. We all are aware of the risks when we are driving to work in the morning. The risk that we can get into a car wreck and any given moment. This is so important to know everything there is to know about car wrecks, personal injury attorneys, and accident doctors before you might find yourself in an car wreck. Then, you will know what to do and where to get assistance. These are everything you need to know about car wrecks, personal injury attorneys, and doctors.
With a car wreck, there are a couple of important things that you should know and do just after it. We don’t really consider that there are a couple of things that you should do directly afterwards, that you might not know about. The more information you are going to get about accidents and what you should do, the easier it is going to be to.
Directly after a car accident
The first thing that you should do directly after an incident is to phone the emergency services. This normally includes the police and any medical services needed. You should also make sure to be aware about your injuries and the injuries of your passengers. If you are all fine, then you should get out of your vehicle and see if the people in the other vehicle need help. If they need help, you should provide assistance until the emergency services arrive. Things to consider are:
- Don’t move a patient that is injured unless their lives are in danger. Like when the car might start to burn or when there is a risk of more accidents happening because of the accident you were involved in. Otherwise, you keep the patient calm and make sure that he doesn’t move.
- With children, you need to make sure that they are consoled and reassure. This is really traumatic for children to be in a car wreck. Especially, if they or their parents are seriously hurt.
Other important things to do after a car accident
The other thing that you should know is that you aren’t allowed to drive off without the permission of the emergency services. You shouldn’t move the vehicle without the permission of the police, however in some states, if you are impeding traffic, the law states to move over to the shoulder. You should also get the personal and insurance information from the driver of the other vehicle and give your information to them.
The one thing that many forget, is to take pictures of the accident. It might assist you with your claim in the future and to be able to send the pictures of the damaged car to the insurance company. Talking to witnesses and getting personal information can assist you at a later date. If you have a cell phone, there can never be too many pictures of a crash scene.
Many people think that accident doctors are the same as a normal physician that you are going to see when you have a cold. This isn’t the case. There is really a difference between a normal doctor and an accident doctor.
There are many reasons why you should go to an accident doctor and not to your everyday physician. These are some of the reasons if you still don’t know the importance of an accident doctor.
- An accident doctor knows everything about delayed injuries and knows how to look for injuries that might occur later on.
- They are used to working with auto insurance carriers and testifying in court to prove that you really were injured in the accident.
Going to an accident doctor is essential. Even if you think that you aren’t seriously injured. Or, if you think that you aren’t injured at all. Delayed car accident injuries do exist and if you don’t get assistance to ensure that you aren’t at risk for any delayed injuries. In order to get your injury claim approved, you need to see an accident doctor within 72 hours after the accident. Otherwise, they might say that your injuries weren’t serious.
If you or anyone else was injured in the car wreck, you need to make sure that you are going to hire a personal injury attorney. Don’t just hire an attorney and think that you are going to get the best possible assistance. It really doesn’t matter if you were innocent or the one that caused the incident.
A personal injury attorney will know exactly what to do to get your claim approved. He will also know what you need to get the best possible chance to succeed in the claim. If you were the guilty party, then he will assist you in your case. Especially, if there were deaths during the car wreck.
Even, if you think that you don’t need an personal injury attorney, you might still want to speak with one, most offer a free consultation. This is to make sure that you are protected at all times.
In short: This is a list of things that you should remember about car accidents, doctors, and personal injury attorneys. Just to refresh your mind:
- Stop immediately and make sure that you are calling emergency services
- Make sure that you or no one else is injured. If anyone is injured assist them until emergency services arrive.
- Giving a full statement to the police and get the personal and insurance information from the other vehicle’s driver. Getting information from witnesses can also assist you later on.
- Make sure that you are going to a doctor as soon as possible. Even, if you think that you aren’t hurt. Delayed injuries really can occur later on. You should see the doctor within 72 hours of the incident.
- You can try to go to your primary care, but more than likely he will not be able to assist you with any auto injuries.
- Making an appointment with an experienced personal injury attorney is also essential. You want to make sure that you have done everything to get an approved injured claim. And, not only go to an personal injury attorney if you were the guilty party in the incident.
Accidents are everyone’s worst nightmare. However, these things happen and then you need to know what to do. Many people get aggravated because they didn’t follow the right procedure after an accident. Or, they didn’t see an accident doctor about their delayed injuries. The more you know about what you should do after an accident, and who to see as soon as possible, you will be able to put the accident behind you and go on with the rest of your life.