There are some interesting facts about vehicle accidents, despite the fact that this is such a scary thing to experience. Those that were involved in a car accident will know that this isn’t something that people want to experience. But, it is interesting to see all the facts about vehicle accidents and why it does happen so many times. You might find these car accident facts interesting.
Woman versus men
Remember that this is according to statistics and not just some argument between men and women drivers. Statistics are showing that women are better and safer drivers. This means that men are more likely to get involved in accidents where they are the guilty party. This also means that more men being killed or injured on the roads than women. Women are wearing their seatbelts more often and they know the risks of car accidents and their children that are riding with them in the car.
The most common reasons for car crashes
There are so many reasons why car accidents happen. Reasons that basically could have been avoided if drivers were just more aware of the safety of themselves and others. But, so many of us don’t really consider other road users. Or, we are in such a hurry, that the other people don’t matter. These are common reasons why car crashes do happen.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or even drugs
- Driving too fast
- Fatigue. When you are driving when you are really tired and can’t concentrate anymore
- Overtaking other vehicles when it is unsafe and dangerous to do so
- Using a cellphone and driving simultaneously (texting as well)
Adults versus teen drivers
If you have wondered who is driving the safest, then the answer will be adult drivers. Teens are more likely to get involved in a car accident. This is because of their lack of experience or because of speed. Statistics have shown that there are twice as much teen drivers that are getting injured or killed in car accidents than adults. And, most of the time this is the teen that was the cause of the accident.
This is why so many countries are making sure that teens are aware of the dangers of driving dangerously and making sure that they know that texting and driving are against the law. And, in these countries, the statistics of teen accidents are less than in other countries.
When i was young, many many years ago, we did not have cell phones. I can still tell you to this day who was killed in a car accident or was seriously injured in our school. And all of these fellow classmates were boys. Girls still had accidents, but they were minor. When a guy had an accident, it usually was a result of speed.
We are going to try and come up with some data to see look at teenage driving accidents of the 80’s versus what we have today, it would be an interesting study.
Vehicles that aren’t roadworthy
Yes, you might not have the money to keep your vehicle roadworthy, and many people think that having a roadworthy vehicle isn’t essential for your safety. However, this is so dangerous to drive a vehicle that isn’t roadworthy. This is because their brakes might just fail, or a tire might burst without any warning.
Ever seen a car driving down the road that really shouldn’t be on the road. Maybe the bumper is dragging, or the headlamps or busted. Tires look as smooth as glass. Cars are expensive to maintain. I’ve seen cars that belonged in a junkyard that were on the road. If you let everything go on your car, you need to make sure you maintain a few key things
- Turn indicators and headlamps
- Engine (cooling and oil)
Bald tires will end you up in the ditch at the first sign of rain. Make sure you keep good tires on your car. I’ve seen many accident reports were people claimed there brakes went out. A true brake failure, were your brakes dont work at all is very uncommon. However not maintaining your brakes is more common. There are a lot of components to your braking system. Make sure they are all in working order
Tips to ensure that you are always safe on the road
For many people, this might be interesting facts about the causes of accidents in general. However, you need to make sure that you are aware of these facts. This might just save your life or the life or your teenager. These are some tips that you can remember to make sure that you are always safe on the road.
• Don’t reply to a text or text. No matter what. This is a serious problem these days. You are just going to reply to a text. It is just going to take a minute. However, it just takes a second to cause an accident.
• Make sure that your vehicle is in a good condition. Especially, when it comes to the tires. We all know that replacing tires can be expensive, but quality tires can save your life.
• Look at what the other driver is also going to do at the red light or stop sign. Are they going to drive without stopping, or can you drive safely? This is your responsibility to look out for other drivers that are driving carelessly.
• Seatbelts. They are there for a reason. Wear it and it will save your life and reduce the number of injuries that you might get from a serious car accident. And, never, ever let a young child sit in a car without a high-quality car seat that is installed correctly.
• Don’t try to speed. You will get to your destination. Maybe a minute late, but you will arrive alive.
When you go to work tomorrow, observe the people around you when traffic is stopped. How many of them are looking down at there phone. That should be a good indication of how bad cell phones have influenced our driving. People just cant put them down.
Car accidents are happening every single day. The problem is that most of these accidents can be avoided. With reading and remembering these interesting facts about car accidents, you will be able to drive safely and to get to your destination unharmed. Make sure that you are going to consider other road users and obeying the rules of the road and you all will arrive alive. If you think that you are an excellent driver and that you will never be in an accident because of negligent driving, you should think again. These might be interesting facts, but these are also things that can be easily avoided.