Had an accident in Texas? You need to see a doctor quickly in order to evaluate and document your injuries. Your attorney will want this documentation if he needs to pursue legal action against the insurance company. For this reason, you want to make sure to see a doctor from accidentdoctor.org. Our accident doctors treat and document injuries and have been doing so for over 20 years. Find a Texas doctor that can help you with your personal injury.
How to see a Accident doctor in Texas
Thats easy, just do a search here. if we don’t have one listed near you, just contact us. We will try and find you one
Texas minimum insurance requirements
- Bodily injury liability-30,000/60,000
- Property Damage Liability-25,000
- Personal injury protection-2,500
- Medical Payments-not required
Texas , along with several other states has Pip, personal injury protection. What Pip allows you to do is to go see a chiropractor, or accident doctor and not have to worry about the bill. Personal injury protection was designed to pay for several things if you have been injured in an accident.
How to pay for your Texas Accident injury doctor
Attorney lien or LOP
“LOP” typically stands for “Letter of Protection.” A Letter of Protection is a document or agreement between a personal injury attorney and a accident doctor or injury clinic. It is used to ensure that a person who has been injured in an accident can receive necessary medical treatment even if they cannot afford to pay for it upfront. Most all Texas accident doctors take an LOP
Here’s how it generally works:
Personal Injury Case: When someone is injured due to another party’s negligence (such as a car accident), they may file a personal injury lawsuit seeking compensation for their injuries, accident doctor visits , and other damages.
Medical Treatment: To receive necessary medical treatment for their injuries, the injured person may not have the funds to pay for medical bills at the time of treatment.
Letter of Protection: In such cases, their attorney may issue a Letter of Protection to one or more accident doctor providers. This letter essentially promises that the medical bills related to the injury will be paid from the settlement or verdict in the personal injury case.
Deferred Payment: The accident doctors agrees to treat the injured person and delay billing them until the case is resolved. Instead, the accident doctor will look to the proceeds from the personal injury case to cover the medical expenses.
Risk for the Accident Doctor: There is some risk involved for the accident doctors involved because if the personal injury case does not result in a settlement or verdict in favor of the injured person, the provider may not be fully compensated for their services.
Attorney’s Responsibility: The attorney handling the personal injury case is responsible for ensuring that the Accident doctors are paid out of any settlement or judgment, and they are typically paid before the injured person receives their portion of the settlement.
Overall, a Letter of Protection can be a helpful tool for injured individuals who need medical treatment but cannot afford it upfront. It allows them to access necessary care while their personal injury case is ongoing, with the understanding that the medical bills will be paid from any compensation recovered through the case.
Med pay or Medical payments
Medical payments is another option for paying for medical expenses and accident doctor visits. This is directly related to your insurance policy. However, generally it is something you have to ask for. It will pay for accident doctor visits up to the dollar amount for you and anyone in your car, no matter who was at-fault in the accident.
PIP or personal injury protection
Pip is similar to medical payments but is mandortatory. However, in Texas it is not mandatory, but you can elect to get the coverage, or opt out. Pip is extremely important to have if you don’t have medical payments or health insurance coverage.
Pip coverage in TX
- Your medical and funeral bills resulting from accidents, including an accident involving a pedestrian or bicyclist
- It covers you, your family members, and passengers in your car, regardless of who caused the accident.
- 80 percent of lost income and the cost of hiring a caregiver for an injured person.
- An insurance company must offer you $2,500 in PIP, but you can buy more. If you don’t want PIP, you must reject it in writing.
Cedar Creek Lake
N Richland Hills
Texas Accident Statistics for 2021
- 239,709 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2021
- 4491 Deaths
- There were 15,769 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2021 with 19,456 people sustaining a serious injury
- Fatalities in traffic crashes in rural areas of the state accounted for 50.95% of the state’s traffic fatalities. There were 2,291 deaths in rural traffic crashes.
- Single vehicle, run-off the road crashes resulted in 1,547 deaths in 2021. This was 34.40% of all motor vehicle traffic deaths in
- In 2021 there were 1040 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- 611 people killed in head-on crashes
- no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2021.
- Four crashes that resulted in 6 or more fatalities in 2021.
- Friday, October 22nd was the deadliest day in 2021 with twenty-seven (27) persons killed in traffic crashes. August was the deadliest month with 418 persons killed.
- A person was killed every 1 hour 57 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes 11 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds Of all persons killed in vehicles where restraint usage was applicable and usage was known in 2021, 46.15% were reported as not restrained when the fatal crash occurred.
- There were 522 motorcyclists (operators and passengers) killed in 2021. Forty- five percent (45%) of motorcyclists killed were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
- Pedestrian fatalities totaled 826
- Pedalcyclist fatalities totaled 90
- In 2021, there were 1,141 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. Alcohol was responsible for 25.37% of deaths on Texas roadways.
- Alcohol accidents were reported in the hour between 2:00 am and 2:59 am than any other hour of the day and the most common day for this was a Sunday
- In 2021, there were 436 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving.
Texas accident statistics taken from Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Crash Facts Calendar Year 2021, this is the most recent data.