Motorcycle Accident Injury Doctor
Having a motorcycle accident can cause severe injuries or death. A doctor needs to evaluate you and get you the medical care you require. The injuries received in a motorcycle accident can range from scrapes to the body, broken bones, head, and internal injuries.
Motorcycle Accident data
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2019 there were 5,014 motorcyclists killed,
which accounted for 14 percent of traffic fatalities.
- 5038 people died in motorcycle crashes, down 16.0% from 5,312 in 2019.
- An estimated 84,000 motorcyclists were injured in 2019, a 2-percent increase from 82,000 motorcyclists injured in 2018
- About 30% of riders involved in accidents did not have a valid motorcycle license.
- Motorcyclist involved in fatal accidents involving alcohol had higher blood levels than motorist.
- 42% of all fatal Motorcyclist accidents involved alcohol impairment.
- In states that require no helmet: 57% of those killed were not wearing a helmet.
- In states that require head protection: 9% killed were not wearing head protection
Some 106,000 motorcycles were involved in crashes in 2019, including crashes that resulted in property damage, according to the latest data from the NHTSA. Over 84,000 of these bike accidents resulted in people being hurt. Around 45% of these accidents were single bike crashes. Injuries suffered in these crashes need to be treated by a specialized doctor. If you have been hurt in a bike accident, get to the emergency room. After the emergency room find a doctor who specializes in motorcycle accidents.
Motorcycle crashes can be catastrophic
Bike crashes are very dangerous to the rider and or passenger. Most single bike crashes involve striking a fixed object. When you strike a fixed object, your momentum carries your body forward. A car that fails to yield was the most common crash involving a bike and a car.
This usually was from a car turning left in front of a bike. The bike hits the car, and the driver and or passenger either fly over the top of the car are strike the car with their body. Single accidents might involve laying the bike down, this may cause abrasions to the body (road rash)
Bike accidents can cause serious injuries
You need serious doctors who can treat those issues. Doctors who treat bike accident victims might be M.D’s, physical therapist, orthopedics, chiropractors. Your medical issues need documentation from a quality doctor. Without documentation your injury will be hard to prove by your personal injury attorney.
Motorcyclist face more bodily injury than any other motorist on the road due to the lack of protection around them. Your body is your crumple zone. A motorcycle accident doctor is standing by waiting to assist you after your motorcycle crash. These doctors can document your medical and help you try to get whole again
What kind of doctor should I visit after a motorcycle accident?
Victims of motorcycle accidents are usually transported to an ER where x-rays and other examinations are conducted. At this point, the most vital aspect is to get associated with an accident doctor who is trained to attend to an accident victim’s injuries. Motorcycle accident injuries range from bruises and scrapes to severe life-threatening complications. Depending upon the severity of your injuries, you might be referred o a specialist dealing with specific body injuries.
The selection of a doctor from whom you seek medical care for your injuries must be based on many factors like his area of expertise, experience, and knowledge to treat you. Secondly, your doctor must be trained to know how to document your injuries for an insurance claim. Some other factors to consider while selecting a suitable motorcycle injury doctor include:
- Location- If your accident doctor’s clinic is close to your home/ workplace, it is always an advantage. You might need to frequently visit the doctor for physical therapies and other treatments. Ideally, your insurance company will cover all transit expenses in your accident claim, but they might take a substantial time in reimbursement. In case of an emergency or if your condition deteriorates, you will be in a better position to reach your doctor who is available at a close distance.
- Reputation and work experience- Ensure that your accident doctor has high credentials and ample experience to treat your specific condition. The doctor must be a licensed practitioner who will not just attend to your injuries, he will also document your treatment/injuries and guide you towards seamlessly receiving an insurance claim.
- Payments and litigation- Your accident injury treatment could amount to mammoth figures as a medical treatment for accidents are expensive. Look for a doctor who co-operates with you while your receive your injury compensation or in the worst-case scenario, will wait till your injury claim settles.
- The counsellor- Apart from your physical trauma, an accident could leave you scarred from within. The loss of a loved one, a major injury, a life-long dependency, and the financial strain, could drain accident victims mentally. Your accident doctor will not just treat your physical injuries, he will patiently listen to your anxieties and woes. With patient and care, your doctor will try to bring you out of your troubled mental state.
When you encounter a motorcycle accident, there may be hardly any time to think. You will be rushed to the nearest medical clinic. Meanwhile, as you gather senses, you can run a search for a specialized accident doctor from our database of doctors, and look for a specialist who can attend to your injuries, list them meticulously and assist you for further treatment and getting your insurance claim.
On the legal front, a motorcycle accident that has caused significant loss could lead to a lot of trouble. Also, your attorney and your accident doctor must be in sync so that your doctor agrees to testify in court for your injuries and course of treatment. Do hire the services of an experienced accident attorney who helps you recover the maximum amount of insurance claim with the little physical and mental hassle.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injury Treatments
- 1. Neurological implications: Bike accidents could cause severe injuries to the neck, brain, and spine. The collision impact can jolt the delicate body parts disrupting the nervous system. If you are suffering from headaches, dizziness, weakness or numbness of any body parts, you must consult a neurologist.
- 2. Orthopedic treatments: The common body areas that you could suffer injuries, fractures, bruises, and sores during a bike accident include your limbs. A specialized orthopedic team will attend to your injuries and advise tests like X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, and so on. These tests provide a better visual interpretation of the internal condition from injuries. Based on the results, the orthopedic will suggest treatment options such as setting the bones after fractures, soft tissue tear repairs, strained ligaments, joint sprains, or surgeries that are needed for critical conditions. Your orthopedic might also suggest some physical therapies to alleviate the nagging body pains.
- Chiropractors: After a bike crash, unexplained aches, sores, and lingering pains can create havoc in your life. While they might not be life-threatening or critical, they could still slow you’re down or impact your daily activities, also leaving you irritable and depressed. A chiropractor is trained to make adjustments to your spine so that your body functions return to normal. Thye will assess the degree of pain and damage done and make necessary adjustments so that you experience the comfort and resume your regular activities.
- Rehabilitation: Once your doctor determines the extent and severity of your injuries, they can suggest a rehabilitation program. The team of doctors at the rehab will draw a detailed plan for holistically treating you. The stress, anxiety and fear post-accident have also to be taken care of. The treatment plan will include a combination of medications, pain therapies, counselling sessions, and exercises that will help you in resuming your normal life.
After a bike accident, you must get in touch with a seasoned medical practitioner who is capable of treatment accident injuries as well as guiding and assisting you with your insurance claim processes. Insurance companies often question whether your injuries are due to a pre-existing condition or appeared post-accident. This is particularly true in the case of back issues and joint pains. A huge task rests on your accident doctor’s shoulders to ensure the insurance company about your post-accident trauma and injuries.
As a motorcyclist, you must take the requisite precautions to avert a road accident. Bike accidents can be fatal. Motorists must complete their formal bike training before riding on the road. Always wear a helmet and follow all safety precautions while riding the bike. You must be truthful with your doctor and document the happenings that led to the accident and other details about your physical condition.