Fractures are not required to have a personal injury case
One of our employees has worked for a law firm for many years, one of the questions that she would get asked a lot is i don’t have a broken bone, do i still have a personal injury case? Broken bones are not the bulk of the personal injury cases that attorney’s handle, it’s soft tissue injuries such as whiplash, neck and back pain.
Soft tissue injuries are the bulk of most personal injury attorneys case load, not broken bones.
If you had to put it in percentages, we would guess that less than 5% of a personal injury attorneys case loads are broken bone case’s, the other 95% is soft tissue injury. Now i’m sure these numbers vary by what the attorney will specialize in. Some personal injury attorneys only specialize in broken bone cases, so that number may be 100%, but the majority of personal injury attorneys are well rounded and will accept soft tissue and broken bone personal injury cases.
What is a soft tissue injury
A soft tissue injury is damage to ligaments, muscles, tendons. In a auto accident these will tend to get stretched beyond their normal range of motion. Your pain may be immediate or may take a few days to weeks to present itself. Soft tissue injuries can be long lasting if left untreated. These injuries need early detection so that they can be properly treated to minimize discomfort and the time it takes to heal from them. It’s important to see a doctor immediately after you have suffered an auto accident. This will ensure you have not gap in medical care and may provide you immediate relief from pain and discomfort.
Some symptoms of a soft tissue injury
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Tingling sensation
- Stress injuries
Soft tissue injuries need treatment regardless of what the insurance company says. Listen to your body, if you are hurt, see the doctor. In some instances we have had people concerned with how their medical bills are paid. This determines if they think they need medical care. If you are injured go to the doctor, worry about how the bills are going to get paid later.
However, if you are not injured and you think going to the doctor and hiring an attorney is your best bet, think again. Doctors who treat auto accident injuries can tell if you are injured. Furthermore, faking an injury does not help you, and it certainly will not help the people who are really injured.
You have no broken bone or Fractures, but you are hurting
Broken bones need immediate medical attention through the ER or a Hospital. If you have not suffered any broken bones but still hurt after an auto accident, make sure you see a doctor who treats auto related injuries. You can go see your primary care physician, but in most cases, they wont treat you. The reason you need to see a doctor who treats auto related injuries is because they know what to look for and how to document your injuries so your attorney can prove your injury.
A broken bone is not too hard to prove, you just look at an X-RAY. Soft tissue injuries require a little more work than just X-RAYS. If you have been injured in an auto accident make sure to see a doctor, if you we do not have a doctor listed in your area, contact us