Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Common Causes of Auto Accidents – Auto accidents are frequent, and there are many different ways that they can occur. Whether it’s because of unsafe roads or bad drivers, accidents occur daily. In order to avoid these accidents, it’s best to be informed.
Basically, it’s important to understand some common causes of accidents and strategies to avoid them. So what are some common causes of auto accidents? What can you do to reduce your chances of being involved in an accident?
1. Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Before we get into how to avoid accidents, let’s talk about some of the most common reasons that accidents occur. It’s important to note that around 94% of accidents are caused by driver error. Basically, most accidents are caused by people who aren’t paying attention, aren’t following basic driving rules, etc.
Here are just a few of the most common causes of accidents:
- Rear-enders: This type of car crash is extremely common. It occurs when one car collides into the back of the car in front of it. And it’s no surprise that almost all of these accidents are caused by a distracted driver. In fact, 64 percent of those involved in rear-end crashes were not looking at the road at the time of the crash.
- Hitting a Parked Car: Another auto accident that is caused by driver error involves hitting a parked car. It’s important to be aware of your surroundings and car size when you park.
- Hydroplaning: When you drive through standing water, your tires have to push the water out of the way to maintain contact with the road. However, if the car’s speed increases to the point where the water cannot be pushed out of the way quickly enough, a thin layer of water will remain between the tires and the road surface. When this happens, the driver may lose control of the vehicle.
These are just a few of the common causes of car accidents. Some other common causes of accidents include animal collision, side-impact crashes, and drunk driving.
2. How To Avoid Auto Accidents
Now that we have a better understanding of how most auto accidents occur, let’s talk about how to avoid them. As I mentioned above, most auto accidents are caused by a driver error of some sort. This means that in most cases if you are well informed and vigilant, you can lower the likelihood of being involved in a crash.
Here are just a few things you can do to help prevent auto accidents:
- Stop drunk driving: Don’t drive when you’ve been drinking and if you plan to drink, make arrangements to get home before going out. Don’t allow other people to get behind the wheel when they’ve been drinking. Look out for, and avoid, drivers swerving or driving erratically on the roads, as they may be drunk. Be extra careful of drunk drivers on national holidays, when drunk driving accidents are more likely to occur.
- Stop distracted driving: Put down the phone, stop engaging with the car’s touchscreen, and save the food for later so you can concentrate on the road. Make sure you are completely focused and aware of your surroundings when driving.
- Obey posted speed limits: Additionally, reduce speed in adverse weather or road conditions. Give a lot of room to other vehicles you see speeding.
- Keep your vehicle in good condition: Check the treads on your tires regularly and have them replaced when needed. Have brakes inspected and maintained?
- Wear your seatbelt: While this will not prevent a crash from occurring, it can save lives and reduce the severity of injuries.
The Common Causes of Auto Accidents Takeaway
All in all, the best way to avoid auto accidents is to be vigilant and aware of your surroundings. While not all auto accidents can be prevented, you can lessen the chance of one occurring by being aware and informed.
Have you been in an accident recently? Then don’t delay medical treatment, consult an accident doctor as soon as possible. However, finding an accident doctor can be a big hassle in some areas. If you have been injured and need to find a physician, search our database if we do not have one listed contact us immediately and we will find you one.
We have the best accident doctor in your area. They are standing by to assist you with your injury following a car wreck. Additionally, a doctor in our database provides the best documentation. This will help you get the maximum settlement you deserve. So don’t delay medical treatment another day, and get in contact with us!